Getting custom orthotics for your shoes can benefit almost anyone. The benefits of wearing custom foot orthotics go well beyond improving the comfort and mechanics of your feet. That they may help with back pain, posture, balance, and more and are the reasons why your chiropractor may recommend them. Dr. Colleen Krahl from Champion Chiropractic in Cave Creek, AZ, may suggest that you try custom orthotics to help you with a specific foot issue, but you will find that after wearing them, problems or discomfort in other areas of your body are improved, as well.
How can custom orthotics benefit me?
Custom orthotics are designed for the exact shape of your foot, and tailored to improve whatever complaints you may have. Whether you are dealing with an injury to the foot or not, custom orthotics can do wonders both for your feet and body. Here are some ways:
- Prevent foot pain: They distribute your body weight more evenly so that one area of your foot does not absorb the brunt of the repetitive pounding forces from walking and running. This prevents the development of imbalances in the muscles, ligaments, and tendons that lead to chronic break-down.
- Help injuries heal faster: Orthotics redirect forces to land on areas of the foot that can handle it. When your foot is properly aligned and weight is distributed evenly, overworked structures in the foot such as a tendon or ligament can relax and heal.
- Normalize leg asymmetry: Sometimes, the legs of a patient are of different lengths, causing back pain and throwing them out of proper alignment. Getting custom orthotics in Cave Creek, AZ may solve this problem. Orthotics can address the leg length discrepancy by using only one orthotic for the shorter leg, or different thicknesses of orthotics for both shoes, evening out the asymmetry.
- Help back pain: Back pain sometimes has roots in the feet. Custom orthotics help to correct your posture and gait, leading to a more neutral spine and a decrease in back pain.
- Improve balance: Your balance will improve with custom orthotics because body weight is distributed more evenly. This leads to feeling more comfortable and confident when standing.
- Shock absorption and support: Custom orthotics will absorb pressure when walking and running before it can transfer to your feet. They provide greater support to your musculoskeletal system than shoes alone. This helps to prevent future injuries to not only your feet but in other areas of the body.
- Increasing athletic performance: All of the above will improve an athlete's ability to run, jump, and more.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Krahl from Champion Chiropractic to discuss custom foot orthotics in Cave Creek, AZ and how they might benefit you by calling (480) 595-0001.
Good Health Starts with the Feet!
For 70 years, Foot Levelers has been making custom orthotics that are clinically proven to help reduce pain and improve whole body wellness by balancing the body from the ground up. Your feet are your foundation. And structural imbalances in your feet can lead to issues throughout the body like plastic deformation, overpronation, plantar fasciitis, low back pain, knee pain, hip pain, sciatica, or achilles tendinitis.
Your feet don’t even have to be hurting to cause some of these issues. Foot Levelers custom orthotics, Shoethotics® and Sandalthotics® can help by properly supporting and positioning the feet.
A foot scan or impression shows how imbalances in the feet lead to problems throughout your body. The orthotics are then made off your foot scan or impression.
Only Foot Levelers custom orthotics support all 3 arches of the foot. Your arches give the foot strength to support the body in a balanced fashion. Balancing your foundation can help relieve pain and avoid future issues. Ask us about getting scanned or download Foot Levelers Patient Catalog for more information.
The Foot/Spine Connection
All parts of your body are linked together. And your feet are the foundation!
Even though all your body parts are connected and affect one another, your feet are what Foot Levelers calls, the "foundation". Your entire body is supported and balanced by your feet. Therefore, if your feet are pronated (as 99% of all people's feet are), your body will suffer – starting with either the knee, hip, or back.
When something goes wrong with one of our parts and we experience pain, traditional medical doctors attempt to treat patients using prescriptions or surgery. This, in our opinion, is a very narrow view of solutions and care.
We are mindful of the whole body – specifically the musculoskeletal system. As we meet with our patients, we observe data through 3D scans and x-rays – pinpointing the root cause of the problem in order to apply appropriate treatment that typically begins with Foot Levelers Custom Orthotics. Why? Because our feet are the "foundation" of the body and Foot Levelers has an excellent reputation for making the best custom orthotics on the planet.
Since 99% of all people have foot pronation (often causing imbalances and stresses in the knees, which in turn puts stress on the hip, back, and even our neck), custom orthotics are a vital solution to whole body health. This is the bio kinetic chain in action. When our feet are stabilized and in balance, the rest of the kinetic chain will function as it should – pain free! But when our feet are pronated and de-stabilized, the rest of the kinetic chain will be negatively impacted – typically resulting in pain and loss of function.
Custom Orthotics Success Story
Captain Todd Reighley – Running to Recovery
Multiple Activities? Multiple Orthotics.
If you have more than one pair of shoes and take part in multiple activities, you should seriously consider getting a pair of orthotics for each activity. There are orthotics for sports, work, and leisure. There are even orthotics custom made for children.